We're looking forward to coming together this year and seeing everyone once again! Our 2021 calendar includes some new opportunities and plenty of favorites. Stay tuned as we continue to update our program offerings. See you soon!
COVID-19 remains a concern for all of us and we at On Belay are taking steps to keep everyone - kids, staff, volunteers, and families - as safe and healthy as possible. Listed below are the precautions we'll be taking at each of our youth programs for the seeable future. We ask that these precautions be followed at all programs and will be required for participation.
- All participants will need to affirm they are free of COVID symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms.
- Each participant will have their temperature taken and recorded before they participate.
- Social distancing (min. 6ft) will be required of participants, adults dropping off/picking-up, volunteers, and On Belay staff when close contact is not needed.
- Face masks or coverings are to be worn by participants, volunteers, and On Belay staff for the duration of the program as well as adults dropping off and/or picking-up.
- Participants will bring their own lunch, snacks, and water bottle.
Day Trip for Teens
Winter Teen Outdoor Adventure
When: Saturday, March 6, 2020, 9:00-4:00
Location: Wolfeboro Cross Country Ski Association, Wolfeboro, NH
Description: For this year’s Winter TOA, we’re headed to Wolfeboro Cross Country Association trails for a day of nordic skiing! Located on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, Wolfeboro XC offers 30km (18mi) of groomed trails to explore and hone our skiing skills. Like all On Belay programs, no experience is required, just a desire to learn and share in the experience with peers. We'll have ski equipment for everyone and take time to learn the fundamentals before heading out for the day. We’re excited for this new opportunity and hope you will be too!
The Winter TOA is open to teens ages 14-18. There are a limited number of spaces available. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide transportation for this trip.
At Home Activities
On Belay in a Box
When: Mailing the week of March 8th
Description: We're extending this offer for one more month! Request your On Belay in a Box now!
We know some families may not be ready for their kids to join a program just yet. And we also recognize our two winter programs are limited by size and age. But don’t worry! We have you covered! We put together a winter edition of On Belay in a Box. Each ‘Box’ includes a few activities and projects you can do at home as well as a couple special bits and bobs. Though On Belay in a Box can’t fully replace a program, we hope it is an opportunity to do something a little different with family or friends and a way to build the community around you. And it is a way for us to share a little On Belay with you until we see you at a program again.