Thank you for your interest in working for On-Belay!
Wilderness Trip Leader (positions open until filled)
On Belay is seeking 1-2 wilderness trip leaders for the Teen Outdoor Adventure (TOA) Program The TOA is a wilderness trip program for On Belay participants ages 11-18. Wilderness trip leaders play a critical role in meeting On Belay’s objectives by working directly with the Program Director to brainstorm, coordinate, plan, and implement the Teen Outdoor Adventure Program.
Positions available for:
- Winter Teen Outdoor Adventure: March 6-8, 2020
- Summer Teen Outdoor Adventure/Summer Basecamp: August 1-8, 2020
- Assisting the Program Director in brainstorming the framework of the trip to meet On Belay objectives.
- Assisting the Program Director with prepping materials for the TOA trip.
- Assisting with keeping the TOA participants safe during the trip through careful planning, risk management, and troubleshooting.
- Leading all assigned activities during the TOA trip.
- Playing a lead role in TOA participants having fun, feeling supported, and uncovering their inner resilience.
- Be a mentor and role model
- Experience leading backpacking and/or winter trips
- Experience leading youth programs
- Knowledge of adventure/experiential program principles
- Minimum Wilderness First Aid certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with youth
Summer trip pays $960 and winter trip pays $300. Includes all hut, food, and equipment fees during the trip. This will be given after the completion of the trip. Wilderness trip leaders are required to be present at pre-trip planning meetings (dates are flexible) and the full trip including pre-trip & post-trip duties.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org