Thank you for your interest in working for On-Belay!
On Belay is looking to hire a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in the non-profit sector to manage the organization, develop successful fundraising initiatives, cultivate relationships with donors, including corporations, individuals and foundations, and manage daily operations.
Fundraising/Development: Lead fundraising activities with ability to prospect, identify and cultivate donors and opportunities. This includes coordinating an annual fundraising event and other special events, expanding and building upon current fundraising initiatives, and building a network of potential donors.
Strategic Planning and Oversight: Oversee all aspects of the organization, including hiring, training and evaluation of staff; oversee high quality programming and evaluation in all areas of the organization; collaborate with staff and the Board of Directors to develop an achievable budget; participate in Board meetings.
Leadership: Lead the staff and board members in the following: generating dialogue around key issues for On Belay; development of volunteers and staff; facilitating the hiring of outside consultants, supporting collaboration, and helping to embrace agreed upon organizational values.
Ambassadorship: Promote the vision and values of On Belay. The executive director effectively represents the organization to its constituencies: participants, families, staff, volunteers, donors, sponsors, media, hosting facilities, and partners. An effective ambassador will have a passion for On Belay’s cause and will be comfortable enthusiastically telling the story of the organization to potential donors and participants.
Non-profit Administration: Possesses a broad understanding of the nonprofit world. Ensure legal, fiduciary, and ethical accountability for all aspects of On Belay.
- 3 - 5 years experience in management and development.
- Proven ability in individual and corporate donor acquisition, event planning
- Ability to collaborate with staff, volunteers, and board of directors to develop and implement organizational strategic plans
- Comfortable using database software and competent administrative/computer skills
- Outstanding skills in the following areas: writing, interpersonal communication, team management
- Strong financial and budgeting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, but not required
- Experience in maintaining and developing high quality promotional materials and social media
- Residence within one of the communities we serve: southern NH, southern ME and North Shore MA
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience with or willingness to learn basic bookkeeping tasks and Quickbooks Online software
- Understanding of the principles of experiential/outdoor education
This position is currently part time (20 hours per week) and the salary range is $25 to $30 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org