Vermont-New Hampshire Affiliate of Komen for the Cure Awards Grant to On Belay

On Belay is very pleased to announce that we’ve been awarded a $1500 scholarship grant from the Vermont-New Hampshire Komen for the Cure, an affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for a Cure Breast Cancer Foundation. This grant will provide fifteen children who are either living with a parent with breast cancer or who have lost a parent to breast cancer the opportunity to participate in an On Belay program session this fall or winter.

As the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, Komen for the Cure, since its inception in 1982, has invested more than $1.9 billion in cancer research and support programs for cancer sufferers, survivors, and their families. The Vermont-New Hampshire Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is similarly dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Through events such as the Race for the Cure, Rallies for the Cure, Ride for the Cure, and many other fundraising efforts throughout the year, Komen Vermont-New Hampshire has raised millions of dollars for research and education to fight the spread of, and ultimately find the cure for, breast cancer.  Of the $6.7 million raised since 1993 by the Vermont-New Hampshire Komen Affiliate, 75% has stayed in the two-state region. That means that more than $5 million was devoted to breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in Vermont and New Hampshire; the remaining 25%, more than $1.7 million, helped support Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s national research program.

For more information on the Vermont-New Hampshire Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, visit them here: http://komenvtnh.org/

On Belay is honored to be recognized by such an established and effective organization. We extend our heartfelt thanks.